Sql DACWebService returning "Request timed out" for the past few days

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I've been running a (slightly modified) version of the DAC service client to automatically export our db to blob storage... As of the last 2 weeks, the code occasionally works, but about half of the times it returns "Request timed out". Anyone else experiencing similar problems? 

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Same issue here - just setup a microsoft support ticket for it so its escalated.

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM
tioschris wrote:

Same issue here - just setup a microsoft support ticket for it so its escalated.

Could you please keep me posted on the progress of the support ticket?

Thanks a lot!

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I'm having the same issue with the south-central endpoint

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

@Daboe & dgarcia79 - Have you built retry logic into your program?  Based on system loads you may experience timeouts.  In that case you should retry.  However, limit your retries (do not retry infinitely!) and only retry when the failure is due to a timeout.  There is no point retrying if the failure is due to incorrect credentials, non existant database, etc.

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I don't have any retry logic present. Please note those failures didn't occur until recently (~2 to 3 weeks)...

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM

@Daboe - You may want to contact Customer Support as well.  If they have your servername, requestid, etc. they can research further for you.